Translate

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Engage Me!

All of our readings for this week have focused on the creation of online content and constructing meaning through that creation.  In my blogs, I have mixed this idea with the argument in favor of technology use in the classroom.
http://shawneeedu106.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-great-outdoors-vs-technology.html
http://shawneeedu106.blogspot.com/2014/11/intro-in-article-reading-images.html

I want to leave you with one last idea from Lawrence Lessig's Remix: Making Art and Commerce in the Hybrid Economy":

"Interest-based learning is the learning driven by found interests. When kids get to do work they feel passionate about, kids (and, for that matter, adults) learn more and learn more effectively."

I, for one, know this is true about my own learning experiences.  Ask me how much I remember from my classes here that didn't pertain to teaching.  If we know it is true about ourselves, then why wouldn't we apply it to our children/students?  And we wonder why we have so many children with attention problems in our classrooms.  Let's take advantage of the situation and show our children how to use this technology in a way that benefits them.  Let's engage our students!



No comments:

Post a Comment